This year SimRC.de is present in many series. Besides the two teams in the NEO Endurance Series (NES), we are signed up in the Gathering of Tweakers Endurance Series (GES) with three teams.
In the GES there are five races with durations between 3 and 4 hours. This series is known for “NES’ little sister” because of the likelihood of awesome multiclass races with 3 classes. The cars are the Corvette C7 Daytona Prototype, the Mercedes AMG GT3 and the RUF C-Spec GTC.
The three Teams starting for SimRC.de are:
- SimRC.de Emerald (Prototype): Maximilian Schieder, Tim Simons, Christoph Weitz
- SimRC.de Cyan (GTC): Rene Osterkamp, Peter Pugstaller, Martin Schneider
- SimRC.de Magenta (GTC): Lukas Dolzer, Frank Hendrich, Patrick Jung
The GES starts in its third season, which was created by Nich Thissen and Joep Willemsen. Its a very popular series with very interesting tracks and a strong field with well known teams like Thrustmaster Mivano, Pure Racing Team, APEX Racing UK, Buschfink Racing, Torque Freak Racing and many more. To get a podium finish here, you have to race like it is a sprint race and there will be tight and tough racing. The Top3 at the end of the season are getting prize money. On top of that, these teams have the opportunity to participate at the last race of the NEO Endurance Series, which is the 24h of Le Mans in March. Every Team in the GES wants to reach that goal, so we expect a hard competition for these desired spots. Of course we hope to get at least one of them.
But the main goal for the first race is to get our three teams to the checkered flag. In endurance races you have to stay calm, every point can be important for the championship. We cross the fingers for our teams, the race will be broadcasted on racespot.tv – watch it!
- October 15th, 2016 4h of Road America
- November 12th, 2016 3h of Imola
- December 10th, 2016 4h of Motegi
- January 14th, 2017 3h of Nürburgring GP
- Febuary 18th, 2017 4h of Spa